Being a landlord doesn't have to be time-consuming.
At Southern and West, we work hard to manage your property so you don't have to.
Below are some basic responsibilities you may have as a landlord.
These can change depending on your property circumstances, so please ask a member of our team for further clarification.
Get in touch with us today on 01202 232323.
- Arrange and schedule any repairs to the property
- Arrange and schedule any maintenance to the property
- Ensure any furniture and equipment supplied as part of the tenancy agreement complies with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 as amended in 1993
- Ensure an annual Gas Safety Check is completed
- Ensure all electrical appliances supplied as part of the tenancy agreement comply with the Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994
- Transfer the management of all utility bills to the tenant (Southern and West will inform the utility providers of the changes, but we do not take responsibility for any errors caused)
- Keep up-to-date with payment of buildings insurance
- Keep up-to-date with payment of any mortgages on the property
- Keep up-to-date with payment of any management fees (if a block of flats)